Australia is home to some of the world’s most scenic waterways. Thousands of people enjoy recreational boating and water sport activities on our waters including sailing yachts, jet-skiing, water-skiing, kayaking, jet boat rides and canoeing.
Boat and jet-ski operators and owners have a duty of care to all passengers and other waterway users to follow proper boating safety protocols. Unfortunately, these safety measures are not always followed and accidents occur on our waterways that can result in serious injuries.
Expert Boating and Water Sport Lawyers
Our lawyers have experience in dealing with claims arising out of boating and water sport accidents and have extensive knowledge of the law in relation to the Civil Liability Act, Australian Consumer Law and Trade Practices Act. We have lawyers accredited by the Law Society of NSW as specialists in personal injury law.
What am I entitled to if I am injured in a boat, jet ski, or water activity accident?
If you have been injured in a boat, jet ski, or water activity accident you may be able to claim wage/income loss, treatment expenses, assistance around your home, and a lump sum for your pain and suffering. Contact us for a free discussion or consultation regarding your rights and entitlements. We won’t charge you any fees at our initial conference to give you advice about the potential value of your matter.
Examples of boating and water sport accidents:
- Collisions between water vessels;
- Collision with a fixed object such as a pier or dock;
- The skipper of the boat not keeping a proper lookout;
- Negligence in the manner of driving and control of a water vessel;
- Excessive speed causing a collision or person falling overboard;
- The skipper of the boat consuming excessive alcohol;
- Improper maintenance of boats or personal watercrafts resulting in an accident;
- Ferry accidents causing injury;
- Unsafe jet boats rides run by commercial operators;
- Injuries during water-skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, scuba diving, parasailing, canoe and kayaking.
No Win No Fee Guarantee
If you don't win your case, you do not pay us any legal fees. It’s that simple. Together with our free, no obligation initial consultation, this means that you have peace of mind and it won’t cost you anything to find out where you stand.
The above information is general information only. For a free consultation and specific advice regarding your claim from one of our experts please contact us on Free Call 1800 122 555 or complete our Free Advice Form.