23 October 2016

If you have been injured during the course of your employment you may have a right to claim for your time off work, medical expense and even a lump sum for your injuries. Follow these steps in the event of a work injury:

Tell your employer that you have suffered an injury immediately. Preferably, report it to your employer in writing (email) as well as verbally.

Complete an incident form and retain a copy for your records. This is a crucial piece of contemporaneous evidence.

Your employer must provide you with their workers compensation insurer’s details. If you're unsure you can also give SafeWork NSW a call.

Your employer should notify the insurer about the incident within 48 hours, but you or your legal representative may also inform the insurer.

Seek medical attention. Early medical treatment will not only assist in recovery but also in obtaining a medical certificate.

Take photographs of the accident site. They may assist in reconstructing what happened later on down the track.

Seek Legal Advice. It won't cost you anuthing to find out where you stand. Our lawyers are approved as Legal Service Providers of the Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO). This means that we are able to obtain a grant to cover the whole of your legal costs. 


The above information is general information only. For a free consultation and specific advice regarding your claim from one of our experts please contact us on Free Call 1800 122 555 or complete our Free Advice Form.

Back to List